Physically refreshing and emotionally uplifting during a long labour. Can also be used to decrease labour anxiety.
Ingredients: 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE ESSENTIAL OILS OF CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) AND CITRUS SINENSIS (SWEET ORANGE) WITH CITRUS PEEL DILUTED TO 2% IN CAPRYLIC TRIGLYCERIDE (COCONUT OIL)
Directions: Apply by massaging into pulse points such as inner wrists and inhale deeply for 3-5min as often as required. (Warning: For external use only. Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight to keep oils from degrading. Contains essential oils that have photosensitive properties- although low in risk we do advise not exposing exfoliated area to direct sunlight for 12 hours. If irritation occurs discontinue use.)
Properties of the oils selected:
Lemon helps clarify the mind, aiding concentration and steadying nervousness or agitation. It uplifts and provides a sense of space and when feeling overwhelmed or mentally fatigued and unable to make decisions.
Sweet Orange has an uplifting and calming nature, perfect to soothe stress, low mood, nervous tension and sleeplessness. The fresh uplifting fragrance is wonderful to promote a warm and relaxing environment.
Aromatheraphy safety guidelines:
- Avoid essential oils in first trimester (lemon inhalation only after 10 weeks)
- Use lavender and Roman Chamomile with caution with asthma and seasonal allergies.
- Avoid use of Clary sage or Lavender (sedative hypotensive oils) with epidural until blood pressure normalizes post-epidural.
- Avoid Rose with increased bleeding and hemorrhage.
- Avoid aromatheraphy with epilespy, high-risk pregnancies, liver or renal disease, preeclampsia, eclampsia, placenta previa and reduced fetal movements.
- Exercise extra caution with breech, diabetes, asthma, allergies, hypertension, hypotension, bleeding disorders, history of miscarriage, hemorrage and allergies to plants or aromatics.